This is a constantly updated list of links where people are describing their personal hardware/software setup which I found interesting.
To be complete, I also want to link my own resources: My personal set-up, software I am using, tools I wrote, how I manage my digital files using tags and folders, and you might also want to look out for my other blog posts tagged with "pim".
The dates reflect the days when I added the entries. Newest entries are at the bottom:
- 2014-08-10: http://usesthis.com/interviews/ and my blog post about it
- very interesting (and famous) folks talking about their setup
- a great source of inspiration!
- 2014-08-10: I was interviewed for Sacha Chua's Emacs Chat series
- video podcasts, more or less Emacs-related only
- 2014-08-10: After-GLT14-session 2014-04-06: show-and-tell (German only)
- 2014-08-10: Bernt Hansen and his famous "Organize Your Life In Plain Text"
- excellent source for Org-mode users
- 2014-08-11: Usage of Org-mode in the Kitchin research group
- 2014-08-17: Linus Torvalds gives a tour of his office
- he is using a walking desk at one mile per hour
- his old desk is cluttered with "old technology"
- he reads emails in his web browser
- in his office he doesn't like the sun
- 2014-08-31: show-and-tell (German)
- 2014-11-28: show-and-tell (German)
- 2014-12-03: Sacha Chua describing how she organizes information in Org-mode files
2015-05-21: Michael Kofler explaining the software he uses with Kubuntu 15.04 GNU/Linux (German)
- 2015-08-05: Karl Vogel about organizing his files
- article from 2005
- focus on tools within UNIX/Linux command-line
2016-10-14: Charles-H. Schulz is no programmer although tech savvy. He describes how he is using Emacs in his daily work.
If you found good resources as well or you want to share your setup, please drop me a line!