As I wrote yesterday, I am running Iron which is Chrome without evil code basically ;-) I am using the feature to define own search engines quite often. It speeds up my workflow tremendously. Not only for search sites!
Iron/Crome got the feature of syncing Bookmarks and stuff using a Google account. But unfortunately, those defined search engines are not synced between my Iron on Mac OS X and my Iron on GNU/Linux.
But once I installed all my quicklinks on my Mac OS X Iron, I just wanted to copy them to my other Iron browser settings. And this is how it can be achieved.
Searching with my cool search engine, I found a web forum where they discussed this topic. I found out that those config files are sqlite databases. A friendly user also added a short shell script to extract the search engines and write them into another sqlite config file.
So I took his idea, write this nice shell script and copied my Mac OS X settings related to search engines to my GNU/Linux config file.
Quite handy, if you need this some time ...
Note: this blog entry was originally authored using Serendipity and converted to Org-mode format for publicvoit via a dumb script. This may result in bad format or even lost content. Please write a comment if you want to get in touch with me so that I can try to fix things.